Raffle Terms & Conditions
If you enter the raffle for the Jamaican team dinner, we will assume that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to them.
1. The Jamaican team dinner raffle is open to alumni, students, family community members and staff of the University of Birmingham. An alumnus/alumna is defined as a former University of Birmingham student who has completed at least 60 course credits. A student is defined as a registered student of the University. A family community member is defined as the parent or guardian of a registered student of the University who has previously registered to be part of the family programme. A staff member is defined as a person having paid employment in the service of the University.
2. An alumnus, student or staff member who wins the raffle prize must attend the dinner, they may bring one guest who may or may not be an alumnus, student or staff member of the University. The prize winner must confirm the identity of the guest at least 48 hours prior to the date and time of the dinner.
3. A non-alumnus, student or staff member may buy raffle tickets on behalf of an alumnus, student or staff member.
4. Should the ticket first drawn in the raffle have been bought by a non-alumnus, student or staff member, the University will verify the eligibility of the alumnus, student or staff member for whom the ticket has been purchased. The University will also require agreement that the winning alumnus, student or staff member will be attending the dinner, before confirming that the recipient has won the tickets.
5. Any person who buys raffle tickets but is not doing so on behalf of an eligible winner will not be eligible to win the tickets. They will not be eligible for a refund of the price of their tickets.
6. The winning ticket will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received by the closing date. Should the University determine that the holder of the first drawn ticket is ineligible to receive the prize, a second ticket will be drawn and verified in accordance with Clauses 1 to 5 and this Clause 6, and the process repeated until an eligible winning ticketholder is found.
7. The winning ticketholder will be contacted via telephone or email to confirm that they have won the raffle.
8. The winner may be required to participate in promotional activity and material. By entering the raffle you agree to have your name released as the winner.
9. The name of the winning ticket holder will be posted on the University’s website by 9th July 2012.
10. The raffle will close at midday on 4th July 2012. It will not be possible to purchase further raffle tickets after this time.
11. Raffle tickets can only be purchased online via the website.
12. Tickets to the Jamaican team dinner are not transferable to another person. If the University reasonably believes that the prize winner has sold the guest ticket for financial gain the whole prize may be withdrawn at the discretion of the University.
13. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
14. The prize includes two tickets to the Jamaican team dinner. The winning ticketholder will be expected to cover their own travel, accommodation and other costs.
15. Only guests over the age of 18 are eligible to attend the dinner.
16. Proceeds from raffle tickets will be used to support the development of elite talent at the University and the sports facilities that enhance this.
18. The University reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules on the website – enter web address.
19. In the event of any dispute arising from the terms and conditions or conduct of this raffle the University’s decision is final.